Why has CarStore partnered with Power Maxed Racing?
For decades, the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) has been recognised as a racing series for all to enjoy. Unlike Formula One, which is notoriously expensive for fans to enjoy in-person, the BTCC is readily accessible for everyone.
At CarStore, we pride ourselves on sharing similar values. We cater for a wide range of needs and budgets, and want everyone to feel like they're welcome when visiting one of our CarStore Centres.
Power Maxed Racing was built on the values of hard work and being driven, which is why we're proud to have become partners.
BTCC Calendar Dates
- Donington Park: Saturday 22nd April and Sunday 23rd April
- Brands Hatch: Saturday 6th May and Sunday 7th May
- Thruxton: Saturday 3rd June and 4th June
- Oulton Park: Saturday 17th June and 18th June
- Croft: Saturday 29th July and 30th July
- Knockhill: Saturday 12th August and 13th August
- Donington Park: Saturday 26th August and 27th August
- Silverstone: Saturday 23rd September and 24th September
- Brands Hatch: Saturday 7th October and 8th October
Meet the Drivers
Watson brings a wealth of racing expertise to the team having contested high-level GT machinery since 2015, competing in the likes of the FIA World Endurance Championship, the famed 24 Hours of Le Mans, GT World Challenge Europe and British GT. In his spare time, Watson is a keen golfer and also enjoys skiing.
- 2011: Ginette Junior Championship
- 2012: Ginetta Junior Championship, Ginetta Junior Winter Series
- 2013: Ginetta GT Supercup
- 2014: Ginetta GT4 Supercup
- 2015: International GT Open – GT3 Pro Am, British GT Championship
- 2016: Blancpain GT Series Sprint Cup, Blancpain GT Series Endurance Cup, Intercontinental GT Challenge
- 2017: Blancpain GT Series Endurance Cup, Blancpain GT Series Sprint Cup, Intercontinental GT Challenge, British GT Championship – GT4
- 2018: Blancpain GT Series Endurance Cup, Blancpain GT Series Sprint Cup, Intercontinental GT Challenger
- 2019: Blancpain GT Series Endurance Cup
- 2019: FIA World Endurance Championship – GTE Am
- 2020: 24h of Le Mans, European Le Mans, IMSA SportsCar Championship – GTD, GT World Challenge Europe Endurance Cup, Intercontinental GT Challenge
- 2021: FIA World Endurance Championship – GTE Am, 24h of Le Mans – GTE AM
- 2022: Asian Le Mans Series – GT
Aron Taylor-Smith returned to the Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship in 2021 following a three-year break from the series, piloting one of the new-for-2021 Cupra’s under the Team HARD.
- Debut: Knockhill 2011
- Races: 208
- Wins: 4
- Podiums: 18
- Poles: 1
- Fastest Laps: 3
- Points: 1006
- 2011: Triple 8 Racing - BTCC
- 2012: Redstone Racing - BTCC
- 2013: Airwaves Racing - BTCC
- 2014: CHROME Edition Restart Racing - BTCC
- 2015: Team BMR RCIB Insurance - BTCC
- 2016: Team BKR – BTCC
- 2017: MG RCIB Insurance Racing – BTCC
- 2018: Team Parker Racing – Blancpain GT Series Sprint Cup
- 2019: RACE Performance - British GT Championship
Mikey is the Doble families third generation racing driver and is looking to follow in the footsteps of father Mike and Grandfather Mick by winning championships at the highest level. Like many drivers, Mikey began his motorsports career in karting. By the age of nine, Mikey was competing at the highest level of karting in the UK, the same proving grounds which saw Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button and Lando Norris begin their racing careers.
As his karting career came to a close, Mikey's focus began to shift towards golf. Mikey spent five years playing full time with the ambition to pursue a career in professional golf. He won multiple golf titles at county level, collegiate level and achieved a playing handicap of -1. During this period, Mikey's passion for motorsport never faded and 2018 saw his much anticipated return to racing, however this time in cars. Mikey completed his first season of cars, racing in the BMW Compact Cup, competing alongside his father Mike Doble who himself was making a return to racing after a decade out from behind the wheel.
After a strong rookie year which saw him race consistently within the top 15, 2019 was a substantial breakthrough year. Mikey finished the season fifth in the overall standings out of 45 entries. He was one of only two drivers to finish 16 out of 16 races inside the top 15, and he also finished the year with a second place finish.
- 2012: Super 1 National Super Cadet Championship
- 2018: BMW Compact Cup
- 2019: BMW Compact Cup
- 2020: BMW Compact Cup Championship
- 2021: BMW Compact Cup, 2nd, Ginetta GT5 Challenge – Pro
- 2022: Ginetta GT5 Challenge – Champion, BMW Compact Cup Champion
About our partnership
Supporting our aim to become the nation's favourite automotive retailer, we've committed to a long-term partnership with Power Maxed Racing.
You'll be able to see CarStore branding across the two Vauxhall Astra racing cars that are utilised by Power Maxed Racing.
If you'd like to see the CarStore Power Maxed Racing team in action, then you'll be able to follow them on ITV during race weekends.