Sell My Car is our quick, easy and free way to sell your car online. We aim to give you a great price for your car without the hassle of haggling and timewasting.
If you’re looking to part-exchange your car, we’ll work out how much it will contribute towards the value of a car you’d like to buy from us.
How does it work?
On our website, you’ll see a handy valuation tool that is designed to give you a quick and fair estimate for your car based on the information you tell us about it. We’ll also factor in the current market value of your car, to make sure you get a fair valuation for it.
To get your valuation, you’ll need to fill in a few details about your car in our valuation tool, including:
- Registration number
- Number of previous owners
- Service history
Once you’ve entered these online, we’ll show you how much we think your car is worth.
What happens next?
- Click to save your valuation, and we’ll send you an email with the price and details on how to book a handover appointment at your local Car Store
- Your valuation will be valid for 7 days
- If you’re happy with your car’s valuation and have booked a viewing appointment, you’ll be told what you need to bring with you on the day via email.
- To be prepared, make sure you have all of the car’s keys and documents readily available, as well as some proof of ID and address.
When you arrive for your appointment
You’ll be offered a drink and a chat about how everything works. One of our trained crew members will inspect and test drive your car and if it matches the description you gave us, then your value will remain the same.
They’ll be checking:
Once the inspection is done, our crew will take a look at your documents and give you a final offer for your car, which should only be different from your online valuation if there’s any extra damage or discrepancies in your car’s history. If you’re happy to sell, great! We’ll take the car, fill out some paperwork and get the cash on its way to your bank account. You'll be paid the same day if the sale is completed before 2:00pm on a weekday and you consent to an ID check, otherwise it'll be the next working day.
Once you've sold
We'll help you inform the DVLA that you've sold your car to us. Hand over the keys and we'll send your payment. That’s it!
If you fancy trying out Sell My Car for yourself and seeing how much money you could get for your car, check out our valuation tool today.Start a new valuation