Terms and Conditions of Car Store Sell My Car Price Guarantee © Pendragon PLC 2018
In these terms, unless the context requires otherwise, the following definitions apply:-
a. “Participating Car Store Dealership” means one of the motor vehicle dealerships owned and operated by the Pendragon PLC group of companies, trading under the name Car Store, as listed on at the date you wish to make your appointment under clause 4.
b. “Vehicle” means the passenger car (being a car intended for the carriage of passengers excluding light commercial vehicles such as small vans and pick-up trucks and commercial vehicles) that you wish and are legally entitled to sell;
c. “Agreed Condition” has the meaning set out in clause 10;
d. “Guarantee” is the guarantee that Participating Car Store Dealers will offer to purchase the Vehicle in accordance with the formula set out at clause 13, and the provisions of clauses, 14 and 15;
e. “Appraisal” means a true report of the condition and prior use history of the Vehicle recording all material information including (but not limited to):
i. Any exterior or interior damage;
ii. Any mechanical issues;
iii. Whether it runs;
iv. Its mileage;
v. Whether it has been used for private hire, driving tuition, rental, police car;
vi. The date and country of first registration and whether it is an import;
vii. The service history;
viii. The number of previous owners;
ix. The MOT and how many months remain until it is next due for an MOT;
x. Whether it has ever been an insurance write off of any category;
xi. The number of keys;
xii. Any personalised registration plate
f. “Offer” has the meaning set out in clause 12.
g. “Online Quote” means a quotation from an online car buying service platform that will buy a car from anywhere on mainland Great Britain and which is adjusted based on the Appraisal recorded at the Participating Car Store Dealership.
2. These are the terms and conditions that apply to the exclusion of all others (including any verbal statement or representation) to the Guarantee.
3. Car Store will honour the Guarantee only if these Terms and Conditions have been complied with in full.
4. You must enter all information required to be completed at www.shop.carstore.com/car-valuation
5. You must accurately record the condition of the Vehicle according to the condition grades set out at www.shop.carstore.com/car-valuation to generate a Valuation.
6. You must make an appointment at a Participating Car Store Dealership via www.shop.carstore.com/car-valuation or by calling 03333 236 399
7. You must attend the appointment with the Vehicle and bring all paperwork relevant to the Vehicle including the V5C, proof of ownership, and evidence of any service history.
8. You must provide photographic proof of identity and proof of address being a utility bill or bank statement in each case being less than 3 months old at the date of your appointment.
9. The Vehicle must be subject to an Appraisal at the Participating Car Store Dealership, its condition recorded on an Appraisal sheet or program.
10. We will use the Appraisal to check that the Vehicle condition grade entered by you is correct. If it is not correct, we will agree with you the correct condition grade. (“the Agreed Condition”).
11. The Agreed Condition will be sent by the Participating Car Store Dealership to our valuation experts who will issue an offer to purchase the Vehicle (“the Offer”).
12. Where the Online Quote, if accepted as genuine, accurate and able to be replicated at the time of the Appraisal, is greater than the Offer, the Offer will be increased to match the Online Quote and a Revised Offer will be issued.
13. No other valuations shall be accepted by us or be applicable to the Guarantee.
14. The Offer or Revised Offer will be valid for seven days from the date of issue providing the Vehicle remains in materially the same condition as set out in the Appraisal.
15. If you accept the Offer or Revised Offer, a purchase order will be raised which you must sign and the sum set out in the Offer paid to your nominated bank account by Bacs within three working days from the date that the purchase order is signed by you. Same day payment may be made if you consent to an ID and Banking Verification check before 2:00pm on a working day (if after 2:00pm, or on a non-working day, same day payment will be made the next working day).
16. The Guarantee may be withdrawn at any time following, but not before the cessation of any advertising campaign.
17. A person who is not a party to the Guarantee shall not have any rights under or in connection with it and the provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 are expressly excluded.
18. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
19. Nothing in these terms and conditions will affect or limit your statutory rights as a consumer.