Our fair use policy
To get our 14-Day Money Back Guarantee, we need you to take really good care of your car whilst you're deciding whether to keep it.
- Drive it for no more than 400 miles (excluding the distance of 1 trip from your home to your closest Car Store). We'll charge a flat rate of £1 per mile if you go over this limit.
- Fulfil all your legal responsibilities as the owner of the car - including taxes, insurance and paying any fines you incur whilst driving it.
- Keep the car in the same condition as it was when you picked it up. We'll need to charge for any new damage caused whilst the car is in your care.
- Return the car with all keys, books (such as manuals and service books) and accessories (like floor mats and SD cards) that were supplied with it
How to return a car
- Fill out the returns form at the bottom of this page
- Our customer gurus will get in touch with you to arrange the car's return. You'll need to bring it back to your closest Car Store within 14 days.
- Attend your appointment to return the car, making sure to bring back everything that was supplied to you with the car.
- Our crew will give the car a check to make sure it's been looked after according to the Fair Use Policy
- We'll issue a refund direct to your bank account (or finance provider if you're paying monthly) within 14 days
Easy-peasy. We'll even help you find your next car if you're still looking - just let us know what didn't work out this time and we'll make some suggestions for you.
Need to return a car?
Use our returns form below, Our customer gurus will then get in touch with you to get things rolling.
The following options will set preferences for general communications
Do you wish to receive newsletters?
Occasionally we will send out newsletters promoting our offers and discounts. You can unsubscribe from this at any time.
Frequently asked questions
What happens if I’ve lost or damaged something that was supplied with the car?
We’ll need to reduce the amount we refund you in-line with the cost to us of replacing that item. How much we reduce your refund by depends on the item that’s gone missing or been damaged, along with the make & model of car. Just let us know when you fill out the returns form and we’ll get a price for you.
I haven’t received my log book from the DVLA, can I still return the car?
Yes! Just send it to us via recorded mail, or bring it to the same store you returned the car to, once you receive it. Because we can’t sell the car without the log book, we’ll reserve £99 from your refund until we receive it from you.
I part exchanged a car to pay for the car I’m returning, do I still get a full refund?
Absolutely – you’ll still get a full refund of the purchase price. Please be aware that we won’t be able to give you your part exchanged car back.
How long does it take to get a refund once I’ve returned a car?
When you return the car, our crew will do some quick checks and make sure that you’ve stuck to our Fair Use Policy. If it’s all done and dusted before 2PM, we’ll process the refund the same day. Otherwise the refund will be processed on the next working day. Depending on who you bank with, it could take up to 5 working days for the funds to appear in your account.
I’m waiting for my refund and can’t see it in my account. What do I do?
First things first, please do double check with your bank. Sometimes large payments can be subject to extra security checks by your bank which might be causing the delay. If your bank can’t see the payment yet, get in touch with our customer service team and we’ll have a look into it for you.
I bought my car using finance obtained via Car Store, can I still return it?
Absolutely! We’ll simply refund the amount to your finance provider instead your bank account and get it all settled for you.
I bought my car using finance obtained elsewhere, can I still return it?
Yep – we’ll just refund the purchase price of the car to your bank account as normal. You’ll need to arrange to settle the finance with your provider, so be sure to get in touch with them to let them know you’re returning the car as soon as possible. It’s always best to do this within the cooling off period for your finance.
What happens if I’ve caused cosmetic damage to the car during the 14-day period?
We’ll need to charge you for the cost to repair the car. If that damage is extreme and we wouldn’t be able to sell the car (for example, because it’s been in a crash), we won’t be able to return it under the 14-day money back guarantee and you’ll need to claim on your insurance instead.
Can I still use the Money Back Guarantee if the car develops a mechanical fault during the 14-day period?
If the car isn’t road-worthy, we’ll need to arrange to get it to our nearest store. Let us know the situation when you complete the returns form and we’ll get it sorted.
Do I need to return the car with the same amount of fuel?
Please make sure the tank isn’t empty by the time it reaches our store since we’ll need to run some checks before we can issue a refund. Don’t worry if the fuel level is lower than it was when you picked it up. For electric cars, please make sure there’s enough charge to get to our store +10 miles.