FAQs - Buying online during Covid-19
Can I still buy a car online?
Yes absolutely! You can still buy online in full, apply for finance and pay a deposit to secure your next car. However, to ensure your safety all new purchases will be scheduled for collection or delivery from week commencing May 17th onward (subject to change based on government guidelines).
Benefits of buying today rather than waiting until stores have re-opened?
By buying your next car today, you can secure the car you’ve had your eye on before someone else beats you to it. Simple!
Can I reserve a car but then wait to purchase it when stores are back open for collection/delivery?
Sure, our reservation fee is £99.
When do I start paying the finance if this is the route I take?
You’ll pay your initial deposit to secure the car today. Once our stores are back open and we have arranged with you a collection date, you’ll start paying the finance once you have the keys.
How much deposit do I need to put in to my finance agreement to secure the car until collection?
No deposit is too big or small. Our finance calculators can be found on each vehicle page, these will help you work out the best tailored monthly payment plan to suit your needs.
Can I part exchange my car?
To part exchange your car, a member of our crew would need to check it over in order to finalise its value. When you head into store to collect your new car, bring your car with you and we can get it valued and added into your finance agreement.
Do I pay the value of the car today or the value of the car when I collect it (due to depreciation)?
You pay the value of the car when you collect it so, you’re always getting the best price! If you pay for your car in cash, the price different between purchase and collection is refundable prior to when you collect the car.
What will happen to the car between now and collection?
Our stores are currently closed but once the government lifts this lockdown period, our doors will be back open for collection or home delivery. Your car will be securely held at either our secure vehicle preparation centre or the store you’re buying it from until this time.
If I pay cash, will you deliver the car to me?
Due to government restrictions our stores are currently closed. Once the government lifts this lockdown period, our doors will be back open for collection or home delivery – whichever you’d prefer! Our crew will be in touch to confirm these details with you after you’ve purchased the car.
Can I reserve a car by paying a small deposit, approve the finance today and complete once I collect the car?
Yes of course! This way you don’t start paying your monthly payments until you can drive it away.
Can I still get in touch with Car Store?
Yes of course. Our Store Leader at each store is working from home and available to take your enquiry. You can drop us a note by filling out our enquiry form and letting us know what your enquiry is regarding here.
Terms and Conditions of Car Store Reservation Fee © Pendragon PLC 2020
1. These are the terms and conditions that apply to the exclusion of all others (including any verbal statement or representation) in respect of the Reservation Fee.
2. Reservation is only available to Vehicles advertised on www.carstore.com where the Vehicle is advertised with the Reservation Fee option.
3. A Reservation Fee can only be paid online at www.carstore.com.
4. To secure a Vehicle reservation, the Reservation Fee must be paid by debit or credit card in the name of the Customer. The Customer must also provide their:
b. full postal address;
c. telephone number;
d. email address;
e. chosen method of contact;
5. Once the Reservation Fee is confirmed as paid, Car Store will reserve the Vehicle at the Car Store Dealership for a period of  days after The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020, or The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions) (Scotland) Regulations 2020 or The Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) (Wales) Regulations 2020, as applicable, cease to apply to the Car Store Dealership. Car Store will notify you via email of the start of the  day period.
6. Within  days of notice being provided under Clause 6 the Customer must make an Appointment to view the Vehicle. An Appointment shall be either of:
(a) attending the Car Store Dealership to view the Vehicle; or
(b) receiving confirmation in writing from the Car Store Dealership of the date, time, and location of the Appointment.
7. Where a Customer attends the Car Store Dealership and decides to Purchase the Vehicle by completing an Order Form, the Reservation Fee will be applied to the purchase price of that Vehicle as shown on the Order Form;
8. Where a Customer attends an Appointment and notifies Car Store, on the day of the Appointment, that they do not want to Purchase the Vehicle, the Reservation Fee will be refunded by way of credit to the payment card used in accordance with Clause 5 within five Working Days.
9. Where a Customer does not comply with the requirement of Clauses 7 or 9, the Reservation is forfeit and will not be refunded.
10. Customers may only make one Reservation at any one time.
11. The Reservation Fee is not a deposit, and shall not constitute a contract for the sale or purchase of the Vehicle.
12. A person who is not a party to the terms herein shall not have any rights under or in connection with it and the provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 are expressly excluded.
13. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
14. The Parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
15. Nothing in these terms and conditions will affect or limit the statutory rights of a consumer.